Thursday, November 8, 2018

When in Rome

When in Rome-



So many times I read reviews that state that the food at a certain location is not good. However, these same people are failing to say that they have no idea how to order in another country, for that matter I would bet that they can not order in their home country. What do I mean by this? If you go to a New York pizza joint and they specialize in PIZZA it would be really foolish to expect the fish too as good as a seafood restaurant. This seems quite obvious to me. 

Recently, I went to Central America. The resort that we stayed at had wonderful reviews except for dinner. When looking closely at the complaints and after examining the menu myself it was easy to see why. People were complaining about the pasta sauce and what the sauce went over. Well, pasta sauce is NOT really native to the area, it is not Italy. However, the dishes native to the area were wonderful. I AM A FOOD SNOB and would not say otherwise if it were not true. The food was wonderful and I would definitely recommend it. I did not try the pasta sauce because that inherently seems fucking stupid based on my location.


Furthermore, if you are not an adventurous eater or do not appreciate food, in general, it is very inconsiderate to give a negative review of a place.  It is bias and unfair to the establishment to attempt to please someone who truly could never be pleased.  I personally would never take food advice from my father-in-law. He likes a certain food an that is it, never venturing far from that particular flavor or style. It would be ridiculous for us to compare likes or review that same restaurant because we are so different when it comes to food. 

Moral of the story. 


When in ROME DO as the Romans Do! 


Ben and Jennifer~



No comments:

Post a Comment