Monday, October 29, 2018

Footwear

Yes, This is a post on footwear. 



I feel extremely passionate regarding wearing the correct footwear for a given situation. It's infuriating to see people wearing the wrong footwear in inappropriate destinations. If you go hiking the logical thing to do is wear hiking shoes if you go to a river wear an adventure sandal, if you go to a snowy destination than snow boots are a great choice! I can not tell you how many times I have gone on a hike to see some idiot trying to climb in flimsy sneakers or to Disney World and seen someone walking around in high heels! This not only is stupid but can be dangerous to you and whoever has to rescue your ass. 


Use your brains people. If you want a universally good pair of shoes do some research and get something you like. I love Merrell and lately Original Vans as well as Van Ultra Range. Merrell makes a wide variety of great shoes. everything from sneakers to hiking boots and even a wet-dry style of shoe. Vans look good for dressing up and the sticky bottoms are very good for traction. The Van Ultra Range is something that I found and really like for traveling. They are more substantial than the Van Originals, have a more aggressive tread that is still sticky, are very breathable and EXTREMELY lightweight. Very solid all-around choice. I have not owned them long but I truly know they will be a must-have.  Vans, in general, are not very expensive in the world of overpriced shoes always a plus. 


I will admit that I have learned the hard way. Recently, I went to Costa Rica canyoneering. That is repelling down waterfalls. I wore my Merrell Trail Gloves thinking that they would dry overnight for the next day- WRONG! They stayed wet and gross- Smelled like hell. My wife, on the other hand, wore Chacos z/2 sandals! Her feet were not GROSS! Costa Rica is very humid and I did not account for this. An oversite that I will not repeat. I will be getting a pair of adventure style sandals ASAP! 


These are just suggestions if you have a personal favorite brand that's fine just make sure that they are appropriate for your adventure. I am a bit of shoe fanatic so I take shoes very seriously. I hope that you reconsider your choices for traveling to make your trip as enjoyable as possible.   

These photos are not actual shoes I own- Well, I do own the Vans, and a variant of the Merrells. I tend to screenshot shoes I am interested in and research them at a later date. An idea if you like shoes or anything you don't want to forget. One last thing if you find a shoe you like and are shore of the size shop the internet- Amazon CAN? be a great place to find a deal. It does not however always have all the models available. 




HAPPY FEET MAKE HAPPY TRAVELS!


Ben and Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment